Image Source: Google
It’s hardly been few days since we completed three years of parenthood and there is a significant shift in the way we deal with our threenager. By the time we took a sigh of relief that we are through the terrible two’s, we were caught in the “I-dunno-what-to-call” three. So here goes the list of things that has changed in our lives in the last few days.
- Dressing up the little one takes forever. And by chance, if we get through this in the first go (which is very rare), we get stuck in the shoes department. Now, stepping out of the house means, 20 more minutes to get ready.
- Diversion does not work anymore. After few seconds of acting diverted, she returns to square one!
- Story time goes in an infinite long loop. I can’t say we love this always, but we know she does. The little giggles and nods are worth it.
- Ours is not a fussy eater, however, having turned 3 has given her unseen powers to choose what to eat. As long as it’s healthy, I would call it win-win.
- I notice a glimpse of laziness creeping in her, when she refuses to walk out of the room as soon as she is awake. Love to laze on the bed, for no reason, is here. Yay!
- We are still preparing ourselves to tackle her bouncer replies. It cannot be denied that we enjoy them. Trying to have a stern face when you actually want to laugh your heart out is one of the most difficult things on earth.
- Any person who would get her back home from the park, on time (without any drama) in the first attempt, would be rewarded. It becomes a herculean task!
- Sleep regression. That says it all.
- Getting some help in the household chores becomes simpler. She is more organized and loves to be a part of the action.
- There is never enough time for the infinite number of hugs and “I love you” before going to sleep.
Looking forward to what the “Fantastic Four” has in store for us!